|Pakistan National Accreditation Council (PNAC) is a Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) signatory with International Lab Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) & Asia Pacific Lab Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC) the relevant international & regional apex bodies. Accreditation is the single most important approach for improving the quality & competence of Medical labs. Accreditation of Medical labs in accordance with ISO 15189 standards is the only means to assure credibility of such labs. Through accreditation the lab demonstrates that it produces valid results as per requirements of the ISO 15189 standard. The credibility of accredited lab adds benefits to the patients, pathologists and the doctors. It also contributes immensely towards improvement of overall health care system.|
|Benefits of Medical Labs Accreditation with PNAC|
- Enhances the competence & performance capabilities of the Medical labs
- Builds the confidence of the customers in the services provided by the Medical Labs
- Creates an environment of healthy competition and enhances the overall socio-economic development of the Nation
- Provides competitiveness to health care unit to benchmark with the best
|Who can be accredited?|
|Medical Labs that examine the materials derived from the human body for the purpose of providing information for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases covering all aspects of laboratory investigation including the interpretation of results and advice on further appropriate investigations like:|
|Molecular biological Lab ||Microbiological Lab ||Immunological Lab|
|Virological Lab ||Histopathological Lab ||Hematological Lab|
|Clinical Chemistry Lab || || |
- Promotion and Coordination of Proficiency Testing activities.
- Launching of accreditation program for Hospital accreditation.
|The accreditation by PNAC establishes the international recognition of Medical Labs and also promotes quality culture; in the health care system. It is believed that accreditation of Medical Labs will further contribute to improve the quality culture in the health sector having a direct impact on a common man. The Medical labs can obtain the info pack from PNAC Office or download directly from PNAC website Information Pack|
|For further details / information please contact to the Contact Persons.|